VIEW MY FUCKIN' PROFILE


POOPY-GUY SHTEIN CENTRAL THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE MIME WEDGIE

IT'S LIKE I SAID...
UNBALANCED ESSAYS
cyber gallery
PSYCHOTIC TEST PATTERN
THE SHTEIN YOU NEED

doctor chip

sign my guestmap
BLOG DUMPS, DAMMIT!
Click Here to Enter Mix-Pix Blogger Awards Contest at www.mixpixawards.blogspot.com
IT'S A MAJOR AWARD!
PageRankFuckery
LICK ME
TOMAHAWK AWARD
SUNDAY BIG BLOG
I Hate My Fucking Cubicle!


GOOGLE BLOGGER NAZIS


donald james simpson / unbalanced
"heinous crimes against all of humanity"
is a not-for-profit site, conceived to
develop I.T. skills, and as a creative
outlet. advertising is in exchange
for free tools and / or services.


optimized for screens
1024 pixels wide & up



eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

END OF THE STORY

LOADING ANIMATION
WELL, WELL, WELL...
okay, so, the end of the hacker story? the Blogger team needed to investigate enough to make an educated decision. the fact that I'm posting here again means they got it right. the following is the actual text from the Email I sent to their guy Nick yesterday afternoon:
Nick, I cannot put into words the gratitude I feel right now. I have put thousands and thousands of hours into my site; a not-for-profit site, mostly written as a humor column, with a little bit of personal blogging, and a little bit of socio-political commentary. I do my best to post every day, and losing this felt like losing a child which one has nurtured and developed. Not only were you able to restore my URL and control of the domain back to me, but were able, somehow, to recover the content as well. I sometimes refer to "the Magic of Blogger" in my posts... and this is the best Magic of all, that you took concern and the time to look into this matter and make right a wrong that was done. Hopefully, the information I sent you was helpful and not overwhelming. Whomever the entity/person/persons that stole the URL may be, I'll leave that matter up to you. As for me, I wish to offer a very heartfelt Thank You. You have saved a year and a half of hard work. I have a core of devoted readers, and a few hundred inbound links; you have also saved some trouble for a good many others. I will go to sleep tonight knowing that Blogger has a staff with a vested interest in maintaining the integrity of the voice you give to so many.
Warmest regards and best wishes, Nick.
Sincerely, Doctor Chip

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

All the more reason I wish to stick with Blogger despite their quirks and downtime. They give us respect. Glad you're back Dude.

Wed Nov 15, 11:41:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr, Chip you use your mouth purtier than a twenty dollar whore ;)

Seriously, Blogger tech support sounds like they are on the ball. Glad you got everything back intact.

Thu Nov 16, 06:48:00 PM EST  
Blogger doctor chip said...

yeah! the deletion is supposedly permanent, but you know that they have to have some type of redundancy in case of a server failure...
I found the problem and emaile them about 5 or 6 hours after it happened, so they may have saved the archives immediately, then investigated. it took them 2 days, likely doing some thorough research on me, to make sure I wasn't the hack...
can't say as I would blame them for that. just glad they were willing and able to help.
very glad.

"qsfxjri"

B-P

--------------

Sat Nov 18, 08:24:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home




THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?
GIVE US YOUR HORNY